NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. THE NYC MATTERS CITYBUZZ SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AS OF NOVEMBER 14, 2012 AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Entities: THE NYC MATTERS CITYBUZZ SWEEPSTAKES IS CONDUCTED BY CITYBUZZ, 520 EIGHTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10018.
2. Eligibility: Participation in this sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the continental United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing: Entries will be accepted starting Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 at 1:00 PM EST and ending on Thursday, December 13th, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”) at 11:59 AM EST. One winner will be chosen on Monday, December 17th, 2012. Contest Administrator reserves the right to change the end date and or time at any point during the promotion. The end date may be changed without any form of notice, written or oral, to the participants or potential participants.
4. Sweepstakes: Contest Administrator’ decisions as to the administration and operation of the contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winners will be selected by the New Museum.
5. How to Enter the Sweepstakes: Participants will take a pic of what matters to them, put it on Instagram and tag it with “#citybuzzNYC” then visit www.facebook.com/citybuzz and like it. All steps must be completed to win. Those with a blog can write a post on their blog/tumblr with the photo and the video player embed provided to win an additional prize.
6. Entries may be submitted anytime from November 14th until December 13th, 2012. Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant. If more than one (1) Entry is submitted by an Entrant, only the first Entry received by that Entrant will be accepted and any subsequent Entries received from that Entrant will be void. Entries not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided in these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, in the sole discretion of the Contest Administrator.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: The Sweepstakes Prize Winner will be announced on December 17th, 2012. If potential winners of any prize cannot be contacted, or fail to fulfill eligibility requirements within the required time period (if applicable), potential winners forfeit prize. In the event that a potential winner of any prize is disqualified for any reason, Contest Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by choosing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded.
10. Prize: Sweepstakes prize: Airfare for two from within the continental United States to New York City, a $400 gift certificate for SD26, $150 Gift certificate for City Lobster, complimentary tickets for two to Blue Man Group, $250 gift certificate to Bloomingdale’s and tickets for two to The New Museum of Contemporary Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Five runners up will receive a $50 gift certificate each from Bloomingdale’s along with additional New York gifts. A prize will also be given to a selected blogger which includes two nights stay in the Affinia Hotel New York, a $500 Bloomingdale’s gift certificate, restaurant gift certificates from City Lobster and SD26. This prize is additional to the grand prize.
11. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant waives and releases Contest Administrator from and agrees to not exercise against the Contest Administrator, any and all claims that each Entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on moral rights or moral or unfair contest with respect to the Contest Administrator exploitation of Entries without further notification or compensation to Entrants of any kind. Each Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents to any act or omission by the Contest Administrator that would otherwise infringe his/her moral rights and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given, and agrees not, unless there has been any use of an Entry or any derivative works thereof in a manner contrary to these Official Rules, to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Contest Administrator or any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes, on the grounds that any use of any Entry or any derivative works thereof, infringe or violate any rights of any Entrant and/or any participant therein. For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrants agree to the publication of their Entries.
12. Release: By receipt of a sweepstakes prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Contest Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the sweepstakes receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
13. By submitting your photograph for publication you represent and warrant that it is your own original work, is not copied, and does not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use. You further warrant and represent that your photograph is not obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations.
14. Photographs are selected for publication at the sole discretion of Citybuzz and Vidicom, Inc. There will be no payment for photographs.
15. By submitting a photograph you: a) give us permission to publish it and b) grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish it in any format including without limitation in print and electronic formats; and b) you give us permission to use your name and town or city of residence (and age if you are under 16) for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your photograph.
16. You retain ownership of the copyright in your photograph as its author and you are free to republish it wherever you wish and in whatever medium you want.
17. We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) or graphic as we think fit to appear in print and on the web site(s), and we may remove your photograph(s) or graphics at any time. Your name maybe published alongside your photograph(s) or graphic, but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s) or graphic.